Braedan Institute of Education
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cbox
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fox, Nathaniel

2 posters

Go down

Fox, Nathaniel Empty Fox, Nathaniel

Post  Nathaniel Fox Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Braedan Institute of Education

All about you

Alias: relyn
Experience: tnga & felicity mostly. i've forgotten all the rest. XD
How many active characters: none. yeeet.

Hide behind the mask

Name: Nathaniel Lucien Fox
Date of Birth: February 12th, 2188
Nationality: English; totally, utterly, completely. Born and living in Knightsbridge, London.

Year: Fifth
Type: Normal
Special abilities: None
Species: Pureblood, thanks.
Wand: Rowan, 12'', hippogriff feather

Picture perfect

Fox, Nathaniel 2199563723_e684a87427

played by: Thomas Dekker

Head: Nathaniel's features are chiselled and defined, with a strong jawline and a proud, narrow nose that adds character to his face. Skin clear and unblemished, even white teeth behind the firm lips so capable of flashing a wickedly dashing smile, the potent addition of dimples, Nate knows he's good looking and doesn't hide it. His eyes are piercing and ringed by long manly lashes, a strangely compelling mix of blue and green, barely noticeably flecked with hazel. They're eyes that will draw in an audience and captivate them, eyes that know they'll get what they want- the eyes of a born charmer. And cut deliberately to fall alluringly into those eyes is his longish hair, straight and a dark dirty blonde colour.

Body: Over the last couple years puberty has done its job, and done it well; Nate has shot up rapidly in height and filled out as well, no longer the scrawny little eleven year old he started out as at Braedan. While he may not be a muscular giant, he's perfectly satisfied with how he looks- he'd rather much prefer not feeling like he's bursting out of his clothing. As such he's thin but well-built, his arms and legs toned, his stomach flat, fit from the constant flying exercises he puts in for Quidditch, and tanned from spending time outdoors during the summer. Oh, he could whip off his shirt at any time and get enough attention to boost his ego, believe it.

Any other features: Courtesy of a boring summer between his third and fourth year, Nate had his right ear pierced- he was underage and obviously so of course, but the combination of magic and lots of cold hard cash is pretty hard to resist. It was a trivial matter, done for laughs as a result of having nothing to do, and now the silver earstud has come off. He's planning to let it close over, and who knows? Maybe next time he'll get a tattoo.
Also, there's a scar on the back of his left hand, cutting diagonally across his knuckles in a thin white line. It's hardly worth a mention, simply a forgettable reminder of an over-ambitious stunt on his broom.

Height: 5'10'
Weight: 139 lbs

Fashion sense: Left to his own devices, Nathaniel's taste is a simple style that leaves him looking nothing short of his best. Casual, formal or even in-between, he always picks shirts that flatter his frame and show off his build in a subtle manner, wearing colours that bring attention to his eyes whenever he wants to make an impression. Whether they look it or not however, every article of clothing he owns is top-of-the-range and mind-numbingly expensive- but then again, the boy's got galleons to spare. His only concession to accessories is a plain leather bracelet he wears around his left wrist, a congratulatory gift from his grandfather for getting into Braedan.

Walk away from the Crowd

his pureblood line
    power
    flaunting
    anything expensive
    quidditch
    manipulation
    a good challenge
    cheating ensuring he.. gets his way
    metamorphmagi & seers (more like a calculative interest than an actual liking)
    attention
    useful people
    being in control
    girls & female veela
    ice cream
    firewhiskey
    parties
    potions, and he's bloody brilliant at making them
    curses, hexes, jinxes

Dislikes:
    the poor
    blood traitors
    mudbloods
    muggles
    male veela, vampires, werewolves & giants
    complainers
    pathetic, boring people
    overemotional losers
    obsessive perfectionists
    people seeing through him
    following others, not of his own will
    house elves
    cowards
    failure
    insecurity
    anything that threatens his friends or family
    anything unnecessary
    anything lacking finesse
    dementors

Characters appearance of self: "I'm Nate Fox, who else would I be? I've got what I need to get by, and if I don't, I can always get them easy. I don't take crap from people without having a reason for it- and trust me, if I do, you'd kill to know what my reasons are. I get what I want, when I want, who I want- hell, I've been raised to do it, it's in my (pure) blood. I'll stand by my friends, and as for the rest, I'm not fussed about whether I have to stab them in the back or in their face or just walk all over them while they crawl in the dirt. They can call me a rich nancyboy, they can say I'm a good-for-nothing user, they can complain all they like- I could care less about what they think about me. The only ones who matter are the ones who know I'm the hippogriff's knees. I've made sure of that."

Friends view of your character "Yeah, it takes a lot of work to get into Nate's circle of friend, no joke. He's a downright manipulative arse at best, and he tests you at every turn. I don't know why he does it, and I've never bothered to ask- it's just another one of his traits. Point is, when you pass, you pass with flying colours. Earn his trust and he's an awesome mate, damn straight. I'd be glad to have him on my side in a duel, he'll have your back without fail; and he gets you into the best social circles. He's still intense and competitive, but he's also hilarious as hell when he wants to be. Just don't go against him after he lets you in- that's a million times worse than getting on his bad side in the first place. Not a good idea at all. But like I said, he's a good bloke- as good as any of us can be in this place, anyway. Ha."

Fiends view of your character "Scumbag, liar, cheat. Fox is a pretentious, power-hungry little bastard; he flings his daddy's money around like water, hides behind his last name, and thinks it'll earn him mindless slaves. He smiles at you and acts like he's your best friend, and then he turns around and stabs you right in the back. Hell, he's a bloody charmer and he knows it, he uses it to get his way and it works every damn time. They say if you can stick it out long enough you'll get to the point where he'll open doors for you, but it's not worth the effort. Don't trust the swine, not even for a flying second. Oh, it would be so sweet to get back at him, the filthy piece of scum. What I would give to watch him squirm."

Feelings on the dark mark? "I don't see what the point is in having the mark, to be honest. I can appreciate the fear it strikes in those pathetic blood traitors and mudbloods, that will be useful obviously. But getting the dark mark means I'm agreeing to work for the Dark Lord, and I don't know how I feel about that. I'm not stupid, I'm not a blindly devoted idiot, and I'm not about to just throw myself at someone else's disposal. If it's power I want, it's power I'll get- on my own terms. Yeah, I know how that makes me sound, and those zealots will have my head in a second if they hear about it. Well, I'm no fool. I'll wait, and pretty soon I'll be the one giving out my own Marks."

Mirror of Erised: The world- both magical and mundane- at his feet, where he is clearly in control and possessed of total power, wealth and status.
Boggart: Himself, covered in unicorn's blood. While he is, of course, familiar with the way in which the Dark Lord used unicorns to sustain his existence, Nathaniel remains in fear of living a cursed half-life.

Turn back the clock

Parents: Lucien James Fox, 40, Senior Official in the Department of Mysteries in the Ministry of Magic
Madeliene Aidan Fox, 39, stay-at-home wife and mother, famous for holding glitzy galas for "charity" purposes
Siblings: ______ Fox; third year; Bottenstein. ______ & ______ Fox (twins); second year; Bottenstein.
Notable relatives: The Fox family is well-known for its old, pureblood lineage, and everyone within the family- whether born or married into it- has an impeccable record- to the public, of course. The undisputed Head is Nate's grandfather Terrence Fox, a powerful wizard no one ever dares to cross. Nate holds the privilege of being the oldest, and favourite, grandson and because of that doesn't just get his way when he's at school, he's also pretty much the Golden Boy at home.

Favourite memory: It had been his ninth birthday. His father had taken the day off and his grandfather had come by for the grand occasion; his mother had promised him that he was going to be the absolute star of the day. True to her word, every wish Nate had was duly fulfilled, from the simple order that everyone had ice cream for breakfast to the demand for him to be taken to the top of Big Ben. Nathaniel brought his new state-of-the-art broomstick along with him, and under the proud supervision of his parents and grandfather went on a hair-raising race around the giant clock tower, even getting to give the minute hand on the clock facing west a solid kick. It didn't make a difference to the time, but hey- no one else got to do it.

Evidence of magical powers: Coming from a line of powerful pureblooded witches and wizards, it was always a given that Nathaniel would inherit that magical strength. Even as a toddler he would display random, blink-and-you-miss-it flashes of that talent, usually causing a change in his toys' appearances or sending food he didn't like flying away from him. When he was seven however, the first actual sign of his immense potential showed: he and his siblings were alone at home with the family house elf acting as babysitter, their parents having gone out for some swanky Ministry event. Nate had been singularly unhappy about being left at home (he was a big boy, he could have gone along!) and after refusing to do anything the house elf had desperately suggested, finally pitched an extremely loud tantrum. When his parents returned late that evening, they'd found the entire ground floor of the mansion coloured a horribly garish orange, the house elf hanging upside down from the living room chandelier, and a self-satisfied Nate sitting on the kitchen floor surrounded by floating bowls of ice cream.

History at home: Perhaps surprisingly, Nate shares a close relationship with the rest of his family, his mother and grandfather especially. While he's never exactly been lavishly spoilt, he's definitely used to getting his way most of the time- it's only when his father steps in when he has to step up and prove just why he deserves it. Nevertheless, Nate has a healthy respect for the man, and works hard to exceed the expectations set for him. He's also extremely protective of his younger siblings- throughout the entire Braedan student population, they're the only ones who have his unquestioning trust without having had to work for it. Of course, he isn't above giving them a good talking to from time to time if he thinks they've messed up- all of them have a last name to live up to, after all.

History at school: Despite his unimpressive physical stature, Nate had already possessed a self-confidence beyond his years at age eleven, and upon his arrival at Braedan immediately set out to prove to the cocky older students that he was not one they could go around bullying without expecting consequences. That same confidence earned him a wide circle of lackeys, fellow students in his year and a few in the year above him who were eager to use him as their shelter. It didn't take long for Nate to see how useful a bunch of grateful, empty-headed dimwits could be, and as the year progressed began taking full advantage of that little fact. Those who were equal to him, he either befriended or made enemies of without qualms. Academically he made certain to excel, scooping up O's in all his subjects and garnering praise for his potionswork in particular.

Second year was much of the same, the only significant difference being that this time there was a whole year of puny ickle firsties he could pick on himself. Nate had already carefully laid his plans; he weeded out the ones with potential from the rest of the lot, treating the former to enough flattery that they were willing to work with him without question and simply ordering the latter to do as they were told. He began to expand his social circle gradually, working his way up the ladder with precision. Where his schoolwork was concerned, he received all-round O's again and continued to impress his potions professor with his abilities.

In third year the effects of puberty hit, and Nate began to lose his scrawny appearance, shooting up as though he'd had a Growing Charm placed on him. It was also the year he began to notice the girls, and unhesitatingly began to conquer hearts left and right, leaving in his wake a giggling fanclub. His inherent confidence grew into a deceptively easygoing charisma, and Nate quickly learnt to wield his words as creatively as his wand, flashing his trademark grin for good measure now and then. It was a magnificently good year for him; he was undoubtedly the leader in his not-so-little group and becoming a familiar name amongst the older students, he was easily one of the top in his year, and he had a whole posse of girls trailing after him. Ah, good times, good times.

Fourth year was when he finally joined the Bottenstein quidditch team, sailing into their ranks with ease after a daring demonstration of acrobatics on his broomstick. That, obviously, meant an instant elevation in his social status once again, since it didn't take long for news of his quidditch skills to spread through the gossip grapevine. Nate also discovered that he had even more girls willing to fling themselves at his feet, and unrepentantly morphed into a shameless heartbreaker. None of his relationships were ever serious on his part, and he still found plenty of time to earn the O's in the finals that year, even managing to improvise on several potion recipes to increase the strength of their effects.

While he may be progressing into his OWLs year now, Nate is still pretty much prepared to carry on in the same general vein as he has in his last four years at Braedan. Now that he's officially one of the upperclassmen he's determined to make it count, and guarantee his spot as one of the rulers of the school. He's got the charm, the style, the brains, the looks.. hell if it's not going to be one smooth ride.

Last edited by Nathaniel Fox on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Nathaniel Fox
Nathaniel Fox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fox, Nathaniel Empty Re: Fox, Nathaniel

Post  Jeremy Halpsen Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:41 pm

Accepted!

Welcome to Braedan Institute of Education! Congratulations on your acceptance, we recommend you visit plot pages and make some friends. Perhaps register a face claim. As well as signing up for any classes that may take your fancy, so please visit the subject list for more information.

Please PM Ebony Braedan or Jeremy Halpsen with any questions you may have.
Jeremy Halpsen
Jeremy Halpsen
Admin

Back to top Go down