Braedan Institute of Education
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cbox
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Braedan, Ebony

Go down

Braedan, Ebony Empty Braedan, Ebony

Post  Ebony Braedan Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:34 am

Braedan Institute of Education

All about you

Alias: Frankie
Experience: 3 years.
How many active characters: 0.

Hide behind the mask

Name: Ebony Katarina Braedan
Date of Birth: 08.10.2186.
Nationality: British. London.

Year: Seventh.
Type: Normal.
Special abilities: None.
Species: Witch.
Wand: 13”, holly with Hippogriff feather core. Showing loyalty, and a great protector. Although can be persuaded very easily, can be resourceful at the best of times.

Picture perfect

Braedan, Ebony Ks2

played by: Kristen Stewart.

Head: Ebony’s hair is thick, running past her shoulders reaching just a couple of inches below. Cut down in feathered layers, in a chocolate brown, covering either side of her face as she hardly ever ties it back. Ebony is a lot more comfortable with the curtain between her face and others, when her hair is up she finds it difficult to concentrate. Too self-conscious, and wondering what other people are thinking about her. She loves the length and unless someone convinces her to change it, it usually remains a couple of inches below her shoulders all the time, and she has rarely ever bothered to change the colour. Ebony loves letting her hair blow around her, completely free from her inhibitions. She has dark blue eyes, that can stare of into the distance for minutes, until someone distracts her.

Body: A slender young woman, due to the many events and the image society puts upon her, she remains in shape. Ebony has never had to diet properly anyway, and is not exactly chunky. Ebony is used to the many dresses, and loves the feeling of disguise whilst wearing one. She loves the attention she receives, although not always good and it does make her rather embarrassed. Also, due to the proposed marriage that will be set upon her, an arranged marriage popular with many purebloods, her mother has always kept an eye on her height and weight.

Any other features: The only odd features that Ebony possesses, is a scar on her knee from when she was very young. Just eight years old, conversing with a muggle around her age, earned her a scar from her father. She has never spoken to another muggle since, and remembers the day etched into her mind. However, Ebony has not yet received the dark mark. She knows she shall receive it after her final year, although when and where are unknown.

Height:5”7
Weight: 122lbs.

Fashion sense: Ebony loves to wear a variety of clothing, so long as it looks good, and flatters her. Many compliments from her friends have changed her ideas of clothing, she wears other things more than something else. However, although muggle clothing is becoming ever more popular, it is something that her parents disagree with and so, Ebony is rarely ever seen out of her robes, just like the other students.

Walk past the crowds

Wands.
Pillows.
Hiding.
Praise.
Warmth.
Green.
Friends.
Making things.
Dark Mark.
Charms.
Cats.
Arrogance.
Voldemort.
Owls.
Purebloods.
Money.
Social Events – that are worth attending.
Muggle clothing – secretly.

Dislikes:

Muggles.
Muggleborns.
Blood traitors.
Do-gooders.
Hogwarts.
Pansies.
Wimps.
Patience.
Violence.
Professors that dislike her.
Attention.
Liars.

Characters appearance of self: “I suppose I’m just another person to them. I hope. I know I’m the founders relative, whatever I couldn’t care less. They probably just think I’m this dumb girl that gets what she wants all the time. That’s for the people that don’t know me. For those that do, they know I hate the spotlight, or at least have guessed it. I pick on twits that can’t help themselves and rise above the people that try to take over me. They know who they have to come to for information.”

Friends view of your character “I totally don’t know whether Ebony is one of those people that will stab you in the back, just like all the rest or genuinely hates you. The people that stab you in the back, it’s completely understandable and you know, be grateful they're using you. Obviously, you’re important. It’s a compliment. Ebony is horrible to the younger years, just like the rest of us and she fit in. It’s just, there’s something not quite right, perhaps it’s that she’s more than just stuck up. She’s handed everything to her at the school, thanks to her mum and all of the professors are nice to her. It’s irritating having someone as popular as her, but she invites me around in the holidays.”

Fiends view of your character “If it weren’t for that girls mum, I so wouldn’t be here right now. That girl will use you more than the you do with the little first years. Now that’s saying something. Ebony laughs at my jokes, but you can see those cogs working. She always has a plan but I’ve never seen that witch actually pick up her wand and fire it at so much as a bug. Something’s suspicious about her. I swear I’m spreading as many rumours as I can. There’s only so much defense one rich pureblood can have”

Feelings on the dark mark? “I guess I’m looking forward to it! They say it won’t hurt, but I know it will. Just imagine, fighting for the cause, bringing him back finally! It’s so exciting. I cannot wait to defeat the good, they’re so pathetic! It’ll make me stronger, as a person, I’m too weak to handle fighting at the moment. I’m hoping I’ll forget this once I receive the dark mark! I cannot wait! I just don’t know when I’ll get it, and what I’ll have to do to receive it.”

Mirror of Erised: To be respected.
Boggart: Find out she was a poor filthy mudblood.

Parents: Emily Braedan – daughter of Alexander Brent and Rachel Vaughn. She’s 30, and Headmistress of Braedan Institute. Edward Braedan – son of Raghnell Braedan and Alicia Dovenbell, age 36, professor at Braedan Institute, suspicions of being a deatheater.
Siblings: None.
Notable relatives:

Raghnell Braedan – founder of Braedan Institute, deceased.
Belinda Macintosh – great grandmother and a close friend to Ebony.
Great Great Grandfather Macnair - On her mothers side of the family, Walden MacNair - honorary deatheater, although Ebony and her mother has never met him, he has always been talked about by her grandmother.

Favourite memory:

Ebony remembers the first time she heard about Braedan Institute. Her parents were discussing plans, and once Ebony entered the room they were silent at once. A slick smile appeared on both of their faces as they stood from the table and walked towards her. She smiled back, wondering what on earth they were talking about and the day after was when she received the invitation to go to Braedan Institute, her family were so proud. Of course, they didn’t expect anything less from her, and after their proclamations, they soon reeled off what she would be doing as soon as she graduated. Ebony was only ten years old and was so happy to know that her parents were proud of her.

Evidence of magical powers: Ebony was six years old, walking around the mansion with a house elf telling her that she couldn’t see her parents because they were talking to someone very important. She was crying and began throwing a tantrum; the elf grew annoyed but stood next to her all the same. Ebony threw down her teddy in annoyance, tears running down her cheeks as she folded her arms and kicked the house elf. Her parents heard the commotion, and were just in the room opposite her; once they entered Ebony had covered the house elf in the rest of that morning’s breakfast.

History at home: Whenever Ebony leaves for the Summer, she never looks forward to it. The emptiness within the house, the silent footsteps walking along the corridor. Ebony rarely sees her parents, unless she wakes up early and meets them for breakfast before her father left for a meeting. Her mother, so used to not having her around the house is about to meet friends by the time Ebony decides to wake up and so that means she is left to her own devices. Ebony owls her friends, to go into Diagon Alley and have a drink down at Knockturn. However, sometimes she wishes to stay close to home and just go into Molehill lane – a wizarding village outside of Braedan.

History at school: Her first year came all of the gossip about the founders descendant arriving at the school. It really wasn’t a big deal and after a while people began talking to her and treating her just like all of the other people she knew. It took her a while to get used to all of the students, a large school like Braedan - although small in comparison to others, Ebony had not been in every room. She learnt that she thoroughly enjoyed Charms and Dark Arts Club. A best defense is a good offense. That was what was drilled into her brain in her first year.

Of course, Ebony soon realised that the Dark Arts club was exclusive, in her second year after telling someone in her house she was hexed every day for two weeks as punishment. However, her progress in Charms was steadily increasing and Ebony found that if she really tried, people liked her. They would laugh at her jokes, and even though there was the odd couple that would smile so falsely that it really was pointless, there were some good apples among the bad after all. What a waste.

Her third year brought all the drama of boys, just one chasing after her and he soon left after Ebony cursed him. She found the drama utterly embarrassing and it wasn't even the biggest thing to happen at the school - she dread to think who the person of that story would be. Ebony soon became acquainted with the word, secret. Hiding around every corner, you could tell by the look in someone's eye as you passed them that it was nothing good. A secret was given to her, more of a piece of blackmail never to be repeated unless the time arised. Ebony of course, never has.

Her fourth year was nothing special. Frankly, quite normal for once if you ignore the fact that Halloween brought Deatheaters to the castle - students dressing up of course. Not a mockery, more of a worship, Ebony found the whole ordeal enormously entertaining if not slightly obsessive. It was all part of the fun! Transfiguration took a turn, Ebony didn't quite understand the concepts that the professor was telling them. Unable to comprehend the simplicity of some of the spells, Ebony was expecting them to be far more complex than they were - earning her a nerd that followed her around weekly, telling her to study more.

Fifth brought nothing special. Yet again, more people telling her that perhaps she should set her heights a little higher than just a Deatheater, even though that was what she should do. People suggested she follow in her grandmothers footsteps and become Headmistress, it was such a ridiculous suggestion, Ebony laughed it off imediately. Since then, it has become plan B, if her plan to become a Deatheater falls through.

Her sixth year, just last year Ebony realised that she had a great life. Surrounded by friends, even her worst subject Transfiguration was looking up and all of the others were better than ever. Ebony still wasn't a O student but who was? No one Ebony knew ever got O's, unless in Defense against the Dark Arts - a subject they all detested but soon learnt how to defend themselves from others. It came in handy when in the future, they would have to duel. Ebony doesn't have any idea what her final year at Braedan Institute will bring her, then again, she's never liked surprises. Ebony will expect the worst, to hope for the best and bring news of a future Deatheater position if she's lucky.

Last edited by Ebony Braedan on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:59 pm; edited 7 times in total
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Braedan, Ebony Empty Re: Braedan, Ebony

Post  Ebony Braedan Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:37 pm

Accepted!

Welcome to Braedan Institute of Education! Congratulations on your acceptance, we recommend you visit plot pages and make some friends. Perhaps register a face claim. As well as signing up for any classes that may take your fancy, so please visit the subject list for more information.

Please PM Ebony Braedan or Serena Depp with any questions you may have.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum