Braedan Institute of Education
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cbox
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

you should know... [ebony; closed]

2 posters

Go down

you should know... [ebony; closed] Empty you should know... [ebony; closed]

Post  Emilia Braedan Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:56 am

“That’s because he happens to be my… friend. What’s so wrong with that? If you have something to say, just say it. Please don’t make it awkward for Jeremy and I.”

Emilia closed her eyes. Jeremy and I. He happens to be my friend. What Emilia feared most was happened. Ebony was referring to the boy as her friend. She was referring to him as an individual. Emilia hadn’t wanted that at all. It was worse than she thought. Sighing, Emilia opened her eyes and placed a hand gently on Ebony’s arm. “Darling, I need to talk to you. But not here. I don’t want to cause a scene”, she said, and smiled politely at a professor that was just walking past. “Meet me in my office in five minutes.” That would give Ebony enough time to say goodbye to her… friend. Emilia cringed at the thought, and let her eyes sweep over the room until they landed on Professors Calloway and Greenfield. They’d be able to handle the ball while she was gone.

Emilia flashed her daughter a smile, and left the ball, making her way through the first floor corridor. Up the stairs to the second floor corridor. Down the hall until she reached her office. Without a moment’s hesitation, Emilia pushed open the door, and sat behind her desk. It wasn’t long before Ebony made her way into the room. “Close the door please, darling”, Emilia said, her tone light. Ebony did as she was told, and closed the door before making her way further into the room. “Sit down.” Ebony sat, and stared at her mother.

“Mother, what’s going on?” Ebony asked. Emilia sighed, rubbing her temples with her index fingers.

“Honey, there’s something you need to know about that Jeremy boy you’ve been spending time with…” she said, letting her sentence hang in the air for a moment.
Emilia Braedan
Emilia Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

you should know... [ebony; closed] Empty Re: you should know... [ebony; closed]

Post  Ebony Braedan Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:13 am

Ebony frowned, her mother was being strange. Her eyes fell to her arm, her mothers cold hand touching her. She was confused, her mother wanted to talk to her, what about?! About Jeremy? Her mother was being vague, and under her angered exterior, Ebony was slightly worried, why was her mother keeping an eye on her like that? There was nothing wrong with Jeremy! "Ok" Now, she was meeting her mother in private, leaving her date! She watched Jeremy across the floor, guilt filling the pit of her stomach. It wasn't fair and she didn't know how long she would be talking with her, so long as she said she didn't want him waiting around for her. That wouldn't be fair for him.

Her mother had only given her five minutes, that wasn't enough time to say goodbye. Watching her mother walk away, she made her way towards Jeremy. "Sorry" Ebony sighed, "I'm going to her office, but I don't know how long I'll be there" She shrugged, so long as he knew that she probably wouldn't be back tonight. "Have a good night, I'll see you tomorrow" Ebony gave him a hug, she felt really guilty leaving him here. She was looking forward to a great night and they were barely into the evening. Ebony took a step back, turning around and walking out of the room. Her mothers office was a common route, it wouldn't take her terribly long, but gave her enough time to think about what she wanted to talk to Ebony about.

It must be important for her to drag Ebony away, or maybe she just didn't like Jeremy. He didn'texude the same personality, and family beliefs as she did, perhaps her mother didn't want him influencing her in that way. Who knew? Pushing the door open, shutting it behind as her mother asked. A question left her lips as she sat down on the cushioned chair, it was best for her to follow what her mother said in these circumstances it may give better more detailed answers.

Ebony tilted her head, her mother knew something about Jeremy that she didn't, "What is it?" She couldn't help the icy tone in her voice, she asn't sure if she wanted to hear this, but her mother did. "Is it bad?" Ebony asked, worry clouding over her. She hoped Jeremy was ok.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emilia Braedan Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:37 am

“What is it? Is it bad?”

The icy tone in Ebony’s voice had shocked Emilia, though a look of concern came to her eyes when the tone melted into one of worry. Ebony must have felt something strong for this boy to be worried about what Emilia was going to tell her.

Emilia folded her arms onto the table, leaning forward slightly, as if to see her daughter better. She didn’t know how Ebony would take the news. In fact, Emilia didn’t know how exactly she was going to tell her daughter the news. Somewhere, way down deep in her stomach, Emilia felt a familiar gnawing sensation that she felt when she knew she was doing something wrong. Telling Ebony about Jeremy’s… problem, was wrong. Especially since she had promised his parents that she wouldn’t. But her daughter had a right to know. Jeremy was dangerous. He may not have done anything yet, but there was time. There as a whole school year. And Emilia was not about to let her daughter be hurt by this boy.

“Honey, Jeremy is… well, he’s a…” Emilia stopped, looking her daughter in the eye. “Ebony, he’s a vampire.”
Emilia Braedan
Emilia Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:52 am

Ebony watched her mother carefully, she didn't say anything for a long time and it was worrying her. She hadn't even known Jeremy that long and already she felt something for him. Her mother would tell her, if it was important enough. Ebony flicked her hair behind her, resting her head on her hand, her hair soft and tangle free.

“Honey, Jeremy is… well, he’s a…”

Ebony frowned, what was it? Poor? She could deal with that, Deatheater? That wouldn't be a problem, whatever it was she could handle it. It wasn't going to be that bad, because otherwise, her mother would never have accepted him into the school. Although, she may not have had much choice, since he was the relative of one of the founders. Still.

“Ebony, he’s a vampire.”

Ebony froze. Her memories of being with Jeremy running through her mind. That didn't make sense. How was she still alive? They had been out numerous times. "What?" She asked, shakily. There was no way Jeremy Halpsen was a vampire, he would have told her. They had spoken about many personal things, even about how they both felt about the dark mark, so this had to be some horrible rumour.

"That's not true" She frowned, pushing herself up from her chair, towards her mother. It didn't make sense. At all. There was nothing wrong with that. Although, Ebony didn't know if that was because of how she felt about Jeremy or about vampires in general. It did mean that he had lied to her, he didn't have bad circulation, or sensitive skin, he was a liar.

All that time in the forest and he could have killed her at any moment. Even while they were at The Village Idiot, he could have taken her off and killed her. It would have been easy. She trusted him. Probably too much. Ebony scowled, taking a step back, knocking into the chair. "Thanks, mum" She said sarcastically, "You couldn't just... Mind your own business!" Ebony yelled.

It was so unfair, her mother had messed up something that she had loved. Jeremy made her happy and she had ruined it for her. Jeremy had some explaining to do. She had been humiliated, all of the staff probably knew, everyone except her. Ebony had fallen for it and everyone would be laughing at her behind her back. She shook her head furiously, she was sick of the truth.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emilia Braedan Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:01 am

“Thanks, mum”, Emilia frowned at the sarcastic tone in her daughter’s voice, “You couldn’t just… mind your own business!”

Emilia sighed, reached across the desk to her daughter. Ebony took a step back and knocked into the chair. Emilia stood up, her gaze fixed on Ebony. She could almost see exactly what Ebony was thinking, and it worried her. “Ebony, honey, I was just worried about you!” she said, moving around the desk to be closer to her daughter. She reached out again, and caught Ebony by the arm. “I didn’t want anything to happen to you! You’re my only child, for Merlin’s sake!” Emilia would make Ebony see reason. She had to make her see reason, before the girl did something drastic.

Ebony was shaking her head furiously. Emilia tightened her grip on Ebony’s arm, very slightly. She pulled the girl towards her, placing one hand gently on her daughter’s face, wiping some hair away. “Ebony, listen to me. I never meant to hurt you. But darling, he’s a monster. He could kill you in an instant”, Emilia said, “I’m telling you the truth. Because I love you, Ebony. Darling, you’re the only other person who knows. Jeremy’s parents… they asked me to keep it quiet. They didn’t want people to know because they knew that they’d… well, they’d react the way you’re reacting now. Honey, I don’t think he was ever going to tell you himself. I didn’t want you to get too close to him just to be hurt!”

Emilia dropped both of her hands, a defeated look on her face. “Do you believe me, Ebony?”
Emilia Braedan
Emilia Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:24 am

Ebony rolled her eyes, as her mum caught her by the arm, "I don't care! I shouldn't be hearing this from you!" She took a step away as her mother came closer to her, her mother couldn't even trust her. It was Ebony that would make the mistakes, if she chose to be with Jeremy, even if he hadn't told her, it was her problem. Her mother was interfering where she had no right. Ebony was mad at the both of them. Her mother for butting in and Jeremy for lying to her. She couldn't trust anyone. Her mother was worrying about her, just because she was an only child, that really made her feel loved. "Thanks. I really know you care" She folded her arms across her.

Ebony didn't want to hear what she was saying, this was Jeremy they were talking about. This wasn't just some vampire. She was saying because she cared, it made Ebony so annoyed. "You hardly gave him a chance!" Ebony counteracted, she didn't care if he had been given all the time in the world. She wanted to give Jeremy a chance to speak for himself. Though, he would have her to deal with. "How-How do you know?!" Ebony shouted, walking towards the door. Ebony didn't know how Jeremy could have kept this from her, but she would find out more. She didn't know what her mother would do to keep her safe, possibly lie about someone just to keep her close.

"You haven't even spoken to him!" Tears began falling as she quickly opened the door and walked out, her heels clicking along the floor, the door slamming behind her. Part of her was so embarrassed, just to be told that actually you didn't know everything about someone, and that they had lied to her face. Jeremy could have said something in the beginning and everything would have been fine, but. Ebony didn't know if things would have been the same. Would the old Ebony have just walked away from him, ignored him forever.

Her hand at her face, she walked down the corridor and up the two flights of stairs to her common room. Her face was probably blotchy and red, Ebony was grateful that mostly everyone would be in the hall, she didn't want people seeing her like this. Stomping up the stairs to her dormitory, she flung herself onto her bed, sobbing.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down