Braedan Institute of Education
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cbox
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Elyzebeth, Medea

2 posters

Go down

Elyzebeth, Medea Empty Elyzebeth, Medea

Post  Medea Elyzebeth Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:04 pm

Braedan Institute of Education

All about you

Alias: eev
Experience: TNGA, felicity. only two sites, but lotsa experience
How many active characters:zero

Hide behind the mask

Name: Medea Sullivan Elyzebeth
Date of Birth: April 19th, 2013
Nationality: Bath, Somerset in southwest England

Year: Sixth
Type: Normal
Special abilities: Medea is a seer. While most of her kind cower at their horrid visions, she takes a twisted pleasure in having a front row seat to catastrophe. She does not have full-blown visions very often, but her ability allows her to pick up on other people's thoughts, hopes, fears, etc. She uses this lovely ability to her advantage in social situations, and has often used it to bend a person to her will. Unlike many wizarding families, Medea's family not only accepts her ability as a gift, but rejoices in it. She is lucky that 'vision' runs in her family's extremely pureblood line.
Species: Witch
Wand: Dark brown Rosewood with crimson veins, 8 inches, dragon's blood core

Picture perfect

Elyzebeth, Medea Mila_kunis_l9

played by: Mila Kunis

Head: Medea is possessed of extremely soft, doe-like features. Large olive eyes, perfectly upturned nose, pink lips that pout naturally, and perfectly flawless peach-toned skin. Medea is fully aware of the beauty and innocence that her face portrays, and uses these things frequently to get her way. Most people don't feel threatened by her at first, because of the clarity of her features, but those who have crossed her now know how frightening her face can be. The only blemish on her doll's face is the thin I-want line that faintly wrinkles the space between her eyebrows.

Body: Medea's body is beautiful. Not skinny, not muscular, and with well-defined curves in every place they should be. She is strong, but she is definitely no muscle-bound lady freak-show. Her highly competitive spirit keeps her lovely body toned with frequent forays into the world of quidditch. She sometimes watches what she eats, but her taste buds are never satisfied with anything other than the best. Her esteemed appetite means she keeps from being skinny, something she doesn't believe detracts from her beauty one bit.

Any other features: Medea has a small, dark red birthmark of an unblinking eye on the front of her right hip, a mark that signifies her ability as a seer. On her fifteenth birthday, her father took her to get a tattoo of that same mark to commemorate her coming-of-age as a young witch and powerful seer. That tattoo is right where her back meets her butt, and those who don't understand the power and meaning the mark has for Medea call it a tramp stamp.
Elyzebeth, Medea 527357016_63cf6c4f62

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 136 lbs

Fashion sense: Medea has a good eye for clothes that suit her body, and her purpose. Depending on what she means to do in her clothes, her style can differ drastically. If she means to put somebody off their guard, to get them to underestimate her, she wears simple, childlike clothes in pastel colors. When she means to intimidate somebody, she wears reds, heels, and low back lines to exhibit her tattoo. When she has no particular goal in mind, she tends to wear dresses that fall a little above mid-thigh. Her clothing choices are meant to accentuate her small waist, her long legs, and her growing bosom. No matter what she is wearing, you can be positive that there will be at least a splash of red on either her clothing or her accessories.

Walk away from the Crowds

competition
    expensive clothing
    people envying her
    gullible boys
    rare steak
    people who can give her a challenge
    learning new and interesting hexes
    practicing said hexes on unsuspecting individuals
    winning duels
    sterling silver jewelry
    sharing her visions with friends
    potions, though she's terrible at them
    having a particularly nasty vision
    people who wear their emotions on their sleeves
    people with expensive tastes
    rubies
    apples
    apple juice
    anything red
    causing chaos for no good reason
    heat

Dislikes:
    having to follow
    sharing her visions with other people (not friends)
    her gift being looked down on
    having anything other than the best
    muggles, thought it's more of a minor annoyance than a great dislike
    being anything other than the best
    Divination, after what she's seen, tea leaves are just boring
    being ignored
    unreadable people
    shapeless clothes
    blood traitors
    tasteless people
    peace and quiet
    mind-altering substances, they're not good for her seeing
    not getting what she wants
    giving others what they want, unless it was her idea or serves her purpose
    pink
    cold
    grapes
    gold jewelry
    tacky people

Characters appearance of self: "I am exactly who I want to be, whoever I want to be, whenever I want to be. Those idiots who try to place a name on me, who call me baby-faced, harmless, sick, twisted, demented. Those idiots don't know what they're talking about. How could they? I've seen things that would turn their feeble minds into quivering jelly, things that would shatter their thin beliefs of good and evil. And you know what? I've survived. Not only that, I've triumphed. There are very few who can say they've done the same. So when one of those idiots thinks they can tell me who I am and what I think, I give them just a little taste of what I live with every day. And hardly any of them can stand it. So what if I use people? What other reason do they have for their sad existence? Of course there are those who are more useful than others, and are useful in nearly any situation. Those people are what I suppose you would call my friends. You may think that a cold and heartless way to view friendship, but you're wrong. The bonds that my few friends and I share go beyond your silly social preconceptions. My friends would never backstab me over some stupid boy, and I would gladly give my life for any one of them."

Friends view of your character "You think you know Medea? You think you know a single real thing about her? I was like you once. I'd shared a few meals with her, gone to some of the same parties, heard a bit about her family. Hell, I thought we were great friends. I didn't even know the meaning of the word. You think she's incredibly interesting, a bit scary, and one of the few friends you have that you can tell all of your secrets to. Well, she is. But she's a hundred other things on top of that. Sometimes she frightens the living daylights out of me, recounting her most recent dream, and sometimes she's cruel to people for what seems like no reason. Let me tell you one thing, though, she is never cruel to me. To Medea, friendship, true friendship not this wishy-washy thing you have with her, is like accepting another member into her family. Once you're there, you're not getting out. But who would want to? My relationship with her is as sacred as her relationship with her mother and father. She would never dream of breaking it, and to be honest I'm a bit to frightened to do it myself. She is always there for me when I need her, and seems to have the frightening ability to know when that is even before I do. Some of the things she's told me....well. Let's just say you don't know the first thing about Medea."

Fiends view of your character"I thought I knew Medea. I had her act all figured out. That innocent face of hers was used just like a mask to hide the terrible crone beneath it. I thought she was a tortured, piteous thing. Turned inside out and charred by her gift. It turns out that the crone, that horrid, twisted thing beneath Medea's childish features, was just another mask. I don't know how many faces that girl has, but it's more than I want to know in my lifetime. I've seen her pull people in, anybody she can get her hands on, and use them until there's no use left. Still, she keeps all of them an arm's length away, only giving them the illusion of friendship. She did that to me once. I thought I was all buddy-buddy with her, being let in on the darkest secrets of a dark mind, I thought I had it made. Then I repeated one of those secrets. She didn't care that I had told another soul what she had told me, seems it was only the tip of the iceberg anyways. No, it wasn't what I had told, it was that I had told. I had betrayed her trust, and she knew. She didn't just suspect, she was sure of it. The only thing she said to me, I don't remember the exact words, was something along the line of 'right on time' or something like that. And something in her face, something in those glinting olive eyes, told me she knew. She knew about my cousin, she knew about the rats under my bed, she knew about the skeletons I'd buried so far back in my closet that I'd almost forgotten about them myself. After that, I stay away from Medea. If I have to take a class with her, I sit on the other side of the room. If I see her in the halls, I walk quickly in the other direction. Whatever I do, though, I can still see that knowing smile floating down the halls of my nightmares."

Feelings on the dark mark? "I'm not sure about how I feel being labeled. It's not a question of whether I have the beliefs or the strength to back up the mark, it's not a question of my determination to see darkness roam free again, it's not a question of my ability to withstand the pain of the mark. No, it's the idea of marking myself. I am a girl who likes to have her secrets, and giving myself a mark for the whole world to see is not my idea of good business. I won't balk from doing so when the situation presents itself, but I would much rather surprise people with my affiliations than billboard it on myself."

Mirror of Erised:Herself in a place of absolute power. Standing tall with her red-flecked wand in her hand, waving it menacingly over a vast crowd of bowed figures.

Boggart:Vulnerability. Herself standing with her arms outstretched, her beating heart held loosely in her fingers, and tears streaming down her naked, grief-stricken face.

Turn back the clock

Parents:
    Daniel Leroy Elyzebeth, 45; parents: Theodore Elyzabeth and Eadie Black Elyzabeth. Well-paid bounty hunter for the Department of Magical Law Enforcement
    Gweneth Sullivan Elyzebeth, 42 ; parents: Lucien LaChance and Evelyn Sullivan. Stay at home mother, runs a small daycare center for pureblooded children out of the family estate.

Siblings: None. Once they saw Medea's birthmark, they had no reason to have more children.
Notable relatives: Medea's grandmother, Evelyn Sullivan Lachance, has a touch of the eye. This trait runs in the women of the Sullivan bloodline, resulting in the shared middle name of the women of that line. Medea's uncle, Reece LaChance, is currently in hiding from the authorities for burning a Ministry school for underprivileged mudbloods to the ground after shooting the dark mark into the air above the building. Medea's grandfather, Lucien, was an unsuspected death eater for most of his life.

Favourite memory: Her grandmother and grandfather LaChance sitting her down when she was eight to tell her the family history. She learned then of her gift, though she already knew she was different from the bright-eyed and trusting children at the pre-academy near Bath, and of its wonderful uses. She also learned of her family's proud history, both known and unknown to the wizarding world, in the dark arts, as well as her grandparents' own roles in the wars brought about by Voldemort and his death eaters. She was very young, but not too young to realized that she was a very special person who came from a very special family, and that most of the 'regular' people she came in contact with would never understand, and thus should never know of, the extent of her specialness.

Last edited by Medea Elyzebeth on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Medea Elyzebeth
Medea Elyzebeth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elyzebeth, Medea Empty Re: Elyzebeth, Medea

Post  Medea Elyzebeth Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 pm

Evidence of magical powers: There was no doubt in her family's mind that Medea had magic coursing through her veins. Just her birthmark alone was enough to assure them that she would be quite a powerful little witch indeed. Her first aggressive use of magic occurred when she was five, rather early for even a pureblood, and she scared a bunch of muggle kids who were tormenting a kitten on the outskirts of the Elyzebeth property. She saw one kid glance around anxiously while the others prodded the small cat with sticks, and the image of fire filled her mind and her eyes. Suddenly the boys seemed as if they had all burst into flame at the exact same moment. The fire didn't seem to be searing the grass around them, but the boys screamed with pain as well as fear. Once they had ran off, Medea crept towards the kitten, wondering what to do with it. She was about to shoo it away when it rolled over friendlily, exposing it's black furry tummy. It wasn't all black, though. There was one strange patch of white fur that looked eerily like an eye. Medea scooped up the purring kitten and took it straight to her mummy, who had grandma LaChance come over immediately. Her use of magic was praised to no end, and grandma insisted that Medea take the kitten as a pet to commemorate the event. Grandma LaChance placed a few charms over the small cat, and through the years it has not seemed to age at all.

History at home: Medea was loved and doted on by her parents and both sets of grandparents, receiving everything she could ever need or want in terms of school or leisure. She was a very bright child, and was always eager to please the members of her close-knit family, meaning that though they spoiled her horribly she never learned to take them for granted. Medea has very few true friends, but those she has she thinks of as she does her family: as much a part of herself as her brain her heart or her body. She would feel deeply and utterly lost without her family.

History at school: Even as a tiny first year, Medea was not afraid to make herself known. She was a brilliant student in most of her classes, and those that she wasn't shining in, she found someone who was and made 'friends'. She used her adorableness as a child, the intelligence her family had instilled in her, and the family name that she wore like a badge of honor to get closer to the older students. Most of them regarded first years as nothing but trash, but they were still not above having one around if the first year in question was useful enough. Medea hated being used, but suffered through it for the sake of getting to spend time with witches and wizards who could do things with magic that she could only dream of.

When Medea came back for her second tour at Braedan, she was a little older and a little wiser. She began breaking ties with some of the more useless older students, and strengthened the ones with those she found interesting and helpful. She could afford to be a little more picky this year because her name had begun to be known around school. She was certainly not one of the most well-known students, but neither was she one of the nameless throng of firsties and secondies. She impressed her teachers with her willingness to learn, and she kept her grades at O's, as her parents had instructed. She kept to herself when she wasn't gleaning as much information from the older students as she could, and most of her year went by unspectacularly.

Medea's third year is marked forever in her mind as the year in which she discovered the Dark Arts club. The members of the club were completely surprised by her appearance at one of their meetings, and frantically attempted to find the student who had spilled about the club's existence. Medea didn't bother to tell them that she had learned of their elite club in a particularly explicit dream she'd had the week before. The first dream she'd had yet that was anywhere near meaningful. After a bit of hesitation, she was allowed to join the club, and the bulk of her third year was spent in earning a name for herself within the club. She didn't neglect her grades, however, and she once again maintained all O's with the help of her growing group of resources.

It wasn't until Medea's fourth year that she discovered the unique ability she had as a female to bend certain males to her will. She had begun to develop at the end of her third year, and during her fourth, she seemed to have some boy or another following her almost all of the time. This didn't bother her very much, as these boys seemed more eager to do what she told them than were most other people. She used them heartlessly, and most of them didn't seem to mind. Keeping her grades high this year was easier than it had ever been, as she had a large pool of males to help her get through her work. Her dreams, which had tended to be muddled and unclear before, became more and more intelligible as the year wore on. Most of them were unimportant, though still utterly horrid and wonderful, but a couple she had sent home and they had turned out to be more than just flighty dreams. Medea was beginning to have full-fledged visions, and when she turned fifteen her father brought her to a wizard tattooist, and a close family friend, and she got her tattoo.

In Medea's fifth year, she found out the dangers of using certain types of people. She had known that the boys she had been leading on had wanted things from her in return, but she had never given herself to any of them. She believed that she had absolute power over them, and had no reason to give them what they wanted, as long as she hinted that she would. She believed this, that is, until a seventh year she had been using had decided that he wasn't happy with getting nothing. He cornered her in an empty classroom and stole her first kiss. He'd tried to steal more than that, but Medea had hit him with a blasting curse she had, luckily, been taught during a Dark Arts club meeting. He didn't explode, but he was knocked painfully unconscious, giving Medea a chance to run. After that, Medea became buried in her schoolwork, paying little attention to people who she didn't count as friends. Her dreams and visions became more and more confused and muddied, until she stopped sleeping well. She became much more interested in toying with people physically, not just emotionally and mentally, and wasn't above hiding in dark corners and throwing hexes out at passerby, just to see their effect. Since she used her schoolwork to distract herself, she earned each and every O that graced her report card for the first time.

Over the summer, Medea's family talked often and at length with her about her experiences in the previous year. They gave her strength that she hadn't know was in her, and helped her through the worst of her problems. Medea is now secure in her ability to manipulate and control most people, and has surfaced again in the social world of Braedan. She is determined to make herself known to those in power, and prove that she is more than just some average student.

Last edited by Medea Elyzebeth on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Medea Elyzebeth
Medea Elyzebeth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Medea Elyzebeth Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:06 pm

DONE!

Sorry bout it being two posts, it said it was too long as one post.

Guess I went a little overboard....||cough||

<3 eev
Medea Elyzebeth
Medea Elyzebeth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:42 am

Accepted!

Welcome to Braedan Institute of Education! Congratulations on your acceptance, we recommend you visit plot pages and make some friends. Perhaps register a face claim. As well as signing up for any classes that may take your fancy, so please visit the subject list for more information.

Please PM Ebony Braedan or Serena Depp with any questions you may have.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down