Braedan Institute of Education
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cbox
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Welcome Back to Braedan! {All Students and Staff!}

4 posters

Go down

Welcome Back to Braedan! {All Students and Staff!} Empty Welcome Back to Braedan! {All Students and Staff!}

Post  Ebony Braedan Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Today was the very first day of everyone being together, back at Braedan. The toasts were finished and the first welcome back dinner was about to start, of course the Headmistress had a few final words to say. "It's truly wonderful to see you all back here once again. After the many greetings given by staff to you all, I'd like to formally welcome you all back to Braedan Institute of Education, in the hopes that you shall all flourish, and grow as we expect throughout the year. Here's to a beautiful start to the year!" The Headmistress raised her glass to the students, and took a quick sip, gracefully seating herself back in her chair. Ebony raised her glass, filled with some pathetic soft drink, that they were all expected to sip. Slowly lowering it back down to the table, Ebony rolled her eyes and turned back around to face the rest of the Dovenbell table. She didn't understand why her mother insisted upon toasting to the new school year and making a massive fuss, it was a complete waste of time and could be better spent doing much more important things.

The first years had already been sorted, at least her mother refused to sit them in front of everyone. They were just given a note with their letter declaring which house they were placed in, it was all in tradition of families and what house you were expected to be in. Ebony looked carefully around the room, noticing her mother talking to each professor at the head table, so composed and calm. She ran a hand through her smooth brown locks, straightening her head, staring directly in front of her. "Here's to a great new year everyone" Ebony smiled, exclaiming sarcastically to the people surrounding her, as she raised her glass.

Ebony had just been at the Institute for a couple of days previous of the Welcome Back Dinner, as usually occurred. Her mother sending letters to professors and replying to all of the post from the parents. It was fairly boring wondering around the castle by yourself, and yesterday she had managed to convince her mother to organise a small 'Welcome Back ball' for everyone. Checking the large clock hanging above the door directly in front of her, 8 pm, her mother had better announce it soon. Realising that food had been served, house elfs appearing right before their eyes and setting the platters down in front of them, disappearing just as quickly everyone soon began to dig in.

Ebony picked up the large silver spoon laying on top of the potatoes, she grabbed two and set them on her plate. Picking up a piece of chicken and lastly filling her plate with a couple of small spoonfuls of peas, Ebony slowly began eating. She looked around to her friends, it was good seeing everyone again, she'd really missed talking to all of them. Having a laugh, taking a walk around the grounds and insulting little first years, as usual. It would be great in their final year together.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome Back to Braedan! {All Students and Staff!} Empty Re: Welcome Back to Braedan! {All Students and Staff!}

Post  Chase Wilson Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:25 am

Chase watched Ebony roll her eyes, and smirked at her, from the opposite side of the table. He did love the 'welcome back' meal, after all, he often managed to convince one of the lower years to initiate a food fight. And, by the look on Ebony's face, she'd managed to convince her mother to do something that would be announced soon. When the food appeared, Chase hesitated at the choice, before going for his favourite- a nice rare steak. He'd gained an odd appetite for food since becoming an animagus, but he enjoyed it.

"So, what have you got planned Ebony? Anything fun, or are we going to have to suffer from boredom?"

He let out a soft laugh, and turned to grin at the Dovenbell's as well, winking at a 6th year who was staring a little too hard. She promptly turned bright red, and turned away, looking like she was hyperventilating.

Next, he launched a scroll of parchment down the table to arrive at one of the third years. His pre-planned attack had been sorted with this kid in mind, one that was a whole lot of trouble. The kid unrolled the scroll and grinned, nodding at Chase to let him know that it was as good as done, and Chase turned back to Ebony.

"Well, I think I can safely say that we won't die of boredom at this table."

Chase gave another smirk and waited for the mash to go flying.
Chase Wilson
Chase Wilson

Back to top Go down

Welcome Back to Braedan! {All Students and Staff!} Empty Re: Welcome Back to Braedan! {All Students and Staff!}

Post  Jeremy Halpsen Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:59 am

Jeremy entered the Main Hall silently, as was his ritual every year at the Welcome Back feast. He wasn’t one to make an entrance for himself, but attention was usually drawn to him once he sat down, either because their human survival instincts made them instantly frightened of him, or because they were shocked that he’d managed to sneak in so silently. He silently took a seat at the end of the Halpsen table, just in time to hear the end of the Headmistresses speech.

“Here’s to a beautiful start to the year!”

Jeremy raised the glass that was in front of him, just like the rest of the students had. He, however, didn’t drink from the glass. Once the toast was over, Jeremy placed his glass back down onto the table in front of him, and sat silently, waiting for the feast to finish. Nobody had ever questioned Jeremy’s lack of appetite, and for that he was glad. He knew that if asked, his response would be, “I ate too much on the train”, but that would have gotten old and suspicious after seven years. And in seven years, nobody had once questioned him.

He let his gaze flick around the room, fixing it upon the Dovenbell table. He was instantly drawn to a girl whom he recognized as Ebony Braedan, the daughter of the Headmistress. The first thought to cross his mind was, ‘I want that.’ As he watched her more, a small smirk crept onto his face. Being the daughter of the headmistress would make her almost impossible to get to. Ooh, a challenge. Jeremy did love a challenge.

He rested his elbows on the table, resting his chin in his hands, his eyes still focused on Ebony. He had his increased sense of hearing pinned on her, listening to her conversation.

“Here’s to a great new year, everyone”, she’d said. Jeremy raised one eyebrow. The Braedan family certainly did like to toast having a great new year. His eyes narrowed slightly as a boy sat down across from Ebony. A boyfriend, perhaps? Jeremy couldn’t recall ever seeing this boy before, but it was possible that they had crossed paths at some point.

“So, what have you got planned, Ebony? Anything fun, or are we going to have to suffer from boredom?” the boy asked. Apparently, he knew Ebony. Jeremy’s eyebrows creased into a frown as the boy winked at another student, a sixth year girl. Well, he couldn’t be a boyfriend if he was sitting there flirting wordlessly with other girls. The boy then tossed a scroll of parchment towards another student, a third year.

“Well, I think I can safely say that we won’t die of boredom at this table.”

Jeremy took that as his cue. Standing silently, he made his way over to the Dovenbell table, over to Ebony. He stopped behind her and glanced once at the person who was sitting beside her. The person moved over one seat, and Jeremy sat down beside Ebony, looking at her. “Hello”, he said, smiling slightly. He was careful as to hide his fangs, and he held out his – gloved – hand to the girl. “My name is Jeremy Halpsen, I believe my grandfather helped yours found this school?”
Jeremy Halpsen
Jeremy Halpsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:13 am

Ebony winked, "You'll find out soon enough" soon her mother was going to announce something that was hopefully going to start a new tradition. A welcome back ball at Braedan, it would be exciting, and so long as it was extravagant and outrageous enough it would be brilliant. Ebony watched a scroll of parchment leave Chases hands, her eyes following it down the table, she wondered what Chase had planned. Turning her hand back towards him she frowned, "What are you up to, then?" Ebony rolled her eyes at Chase's smirk, something was going to happen very soon.

The girl sitting next to her looked a little uncomfortable, glancing behind as she quickly slid over a seat. What was wrong with her, Ebony looked a little surprised, rolling her eyes and giving the girl a dirty look. Suddenly, someone was seating themselves next to her? Ebony's mouth almost fell open, she tensed up, this guy was thinking he could sit next to her? He smiled, greeting her, as they all did, she stared back trying to work out what on earth he was thinking. Coming over, expecting him to say hello back, before she could begin to mutter a sentence in reply, he quickly introduced himself.

Halpsen Halpsen

Why did Ebony recognise that name, Jeremy answered her question. His grandfather, and her grandfather knew each other? Strange. "Hello." She replied, taking his hand and slowly shaking it. "You're grandfather knew mine? Wow. Just like every other student around here" Ebony leaned closer, whispering in his ear,"Weird" She rolled her eyes, who did this 'Jeremy' think he was, barging in on her dinner? Ebony quietly looked him over, she supposed he was, rather cute. She wondered why she hadn't met him before, especially since he was related to the founder. Perhaps, Ebony had just overlooked him, even though he was drop-dead gorgeous - great hair, a little too pale but apart from that, terribly cute. Unfortunately, assuming he could sit next to her, wasn't exactly something anyone usually did, was he even worth talking to, he probably wasn't considering they had never met.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Halpsen Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:58 am

She looked surprised. Jeremy felt her tense up beside him. She just stared at him when he greeted her. Her eyes told him that she was trying to figure out if she knew him. When she discovered she didn’t, she took his hand and shook it slowly, greeting him in return. She tried to figure out where she knew his last name from, and then it must have clicked. She leaned closer to him.

It was Jeremy’s turn to tense up. Her scent floated up his nostrils, and it was all he could do not to attack her right then and there. He hadn’t tasted human blood since he’d first become a vampire, and he wasn’t going to start again anytime soon. He jerked his hand away from her, and clenched it into a fist. The vampire inside of him was going crazy. 'Bite her, kill her, get it over with!' it screamed, 'You could have it over and done with before anybody knew what was happening!'

Jeremy tried to ignore the vampire and focus on Ebony, who was talking and still leaning dangerously close to him.

“Your grandfather knew mine? Wow. Just like every other student around here. Weird.”

She finally leaned away from him, and rolled her eyes. Jeremy let out a long sigh of relief; he hadn’t realised he’d been holding his breath. Slowly, he regained his composure, hand still clenched into a fist. He hadn’t known she’d smelt so good. If he had, he’d have kept his distance. Ebony was watching him, and Jeremy supposed he’d have to speak.

“Yes, but you see, your grandfather and my grandfather were close, personal friends”, Jeremy said. Ebony’s rudeness did not faze him in the slightest. On the contrary, it made him even more fascinated by her. Even more determined to become closer to her. He turned away from Ebony, to face the teacher’s table, his gaze flicking over the headmistress. He feigned boredom of the conversation, making himself comfortable where he was. Ohh, Ebony wouldn't like that. He could tell from her eyes that she was already annoyed by his presence.

"Good food selection tonight", Jeremy commented, eyeing the piece of steak on Chase's plate.
Jeremy Halpsen
Jeremy Halpsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:16 am

Jeremy looked a little weird, tensing up, making fists. Was he going to punch her? Fight like a pathetic muggle? She tried not to laugh, but decided against saying anything, he was weird enough to come up with some odd excuse. “Yes, but you see, your grandfather and my grandfather were close, personal friends” Ebony turned her head back to him, her posture slowly relaxing. This guy was really rubbing her up the wrong way, "Oh I see. So, you think we should be friends?" She shook her head. "I don't know you" Ebony added, did he seriously want to be her friend? That was a priviledge that he wasn't privy to.

Jeremy turned back to look at the head table, looking completely uninterested in the conversation. Ebony frowned, her face fierce, her hand was itching to grab something and hit that stupid perfect face of his. However, Ebony knew her mouth would be furious if she stormed out of the Hall before the announcement had been made. "You'll be wearing the food in a minute" She spat out, moving her back to him, as she looked towards the head table.

As soon as everyone was finished eating, her mother would announce the ball. She truly couldn't wait. Since Jeremy had come over, she'd lost her appetite, Ebony just wanted to throw something at him and walk out with her head held high. Unfortunately, that wasn't quite allowed. As the Headmistress's daughter, you did have to keep some sort of decorum, otherwise the student's parents would have a field day.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Halpsen Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:24 am

Jeremy could feel Ebony relaxing beside him, but kept his gaze forward, focused on the Headmistress.

“Oh I see. So, you think we should be friends? I don’t know you.”

Jeremy just shrugged in reply, smirking when Ebony realised he was completely uninterested in her now. She frowned, a fierce look in her eyes. She was eyeing some of the food on the table, as if tempted to throw it. Jeremy’s smirk widened, it was all he could do not to burst into laughter right then and there. The fact that Ebony was so completely into herself that it made her angry when someone ignored her was very amusing to Jeremy. He expected nothing less from the daughter of the Headmistress.

“You’ll be wearing the food in a minute”, she spat at him, and Jeremy let himself chuckle softly. She was so entertaining. He did hope, however, that she didn’t hear his chuckle. It would probably make her angrier, which meant she probably would throw some food at him.

Jeremy slowly turned his gaze back to Ebony. “I look forward to it”, he responded, eyeing her quickly before turning his gaze back to the Headmistress. He was quite interested to see what her reaction to that would be.
Jeremy Halpsen
Jeremy Halpsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:41 am

He shrugged at her?! How dare he! Ebony was seething, he looked so content with himself. Arrogant, annoying argh! She was furious! Jeremy almost looked like he was smiling, he found it funny? Ebony was entertaining. “I look forward to it” She sharply turned her head, glaring right at him. She reached out, grabbing her glass from the table. Her hand shaking, Ebony promptly held the glass above his head. "Say it again" She was still glaring, threatening to pour the dilute firewhisky - having found out after quite a few sips.

Did he not think she would do something. Ebony could cause quite a stir if she wanted to. Did he not think her capable. She was after all the Headmistress's daughter. "I can have people jump on you in a second" Ebony took note of the deep forest green colour his eyes held, captivating. She turned her head away from him, quickly blinking, her arm unwavering. Jeremy had better make the decision soon, shut up and walk away, or have firewhisky on the head and a little uproar in result.

"Don't underestimate me Jeremy" Her mother would kill her for this. Ruining the first dinner back, Ebony half-hoped Jeremy would tell her to do it, but another part of her, wanted him to back down and declare her the winner. She looked towards Chase, a food fight would hopefully be coming up soon. That should mask anything going on with her, just so long as the Headmistress didn't cancel the ball.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Halpsen Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:51 am

In a few milliseconds, Ebony had grabbed the glass of diluted firewhiskey, and was holding it above Jeremy’s head, obviously seething. Jeremy turned towards her, his face calm, no trace of emotion on it. He could see her hand shaking out of the corner of his eye. She was glaring at him. “Say it again”, she demanded. Jeremy raised one eyebrow. An odd request, if he did say so himself.

“I can have people jump on you in a second”, she continued. Ah. So now she was going to threaten him with her status as Headmistresses daughter. Jeremy’s other eyebrow rose to join its friend. For a moment, Ebony seemed to be entranced by his eyes, before she quickly turned her head away from him, blinking several times. She was still holding the firewhiskey above his head, still threatening to dump the drink all over him.

“Don’t underestimate me Jeremy.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t dare underestimate you, Ebony”, Jeremy said, keeping all trace of sarcasm out of his voice. He glanced over at the Headmistress, who seemed to be caught up in talking to one of the professors, before turning back to Ebony. “However, I would not underestimate your mother, either. And I daresay she wouldn’t be too pleased if her daughter was seen to be causing a ruckus during dinner.”

Jeremy reached out with his right hand, and hesitated a moment, before wrapping said hand around Ebony’s, guiding her firewhiskey back down to the table. “I suggest you hold off on dumping any form of beverage on me until your mother has left the room”, he said, hand still wrapped tightly over Ebony’s.
Jeremy Halpsen
Jeremy Halpsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:10 am

Ebony was enjoying herself, just a little. Jeremy looked a little surprised, it wasn't often now she had to threaten students, rarely did anyone challenge her in such a way. “Oh, I wouldn’t dare underestimate you, Ebony” She ignored the purr of his voice, he just didn't want her to ruin his hair. Jeremy was talking to her like a child, and no one spoke to her like that. Of course he underestimated her, Jeremy wouldn't know what she would do!

“However, I would not underestimate your mother, either. And I daresay she wouldn’t be too pleased if her daughter was seen to be causing a ruckus during dinner.” Jeremy looked towards her mother, he was threatening her? Since when had that happened? He was right, annoyingly enough. "I'll say you started it" Ebony knew it was pathetic, blame it on Jeremy, it's all his fault. It was so weak, blaming it on him, she could take it. Her mother would have to get over it, eventually. Hopefully.

The next thing she knew, he had grabbed her hand, the cool leather gloved hand moving hers back down, he had a firm grip. Ebony had tried to pull her hand away, but his hold had stuck, until the glass reached the table. His hand remained there, tightly covering hers. Her breathing quickened, what was he doing? "Get your hand off me" No one ever touched Ebony, at least not like that.

Ebony released the glass, finally pulling her hand away from him. She gave him the dirtiest look she could muster, "Looking forward to it" Ebony sat up straight, her mother staring straight at her. She looked from the two of them and continued talking to the professor.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Halpsen Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:24 am

“I’ll say you started it”, she said. Jeremy smirked and shook his head. Ah yes, once again, she was using her status to her advantage. Jeremy had to say, he was not shocked. He was shocked, however, by how very uptight Ebony was being. Even the daughter of the Headmistress had to have a funny bone in there somewhere. She had looked like she was enjoying herself immensely when she’d been about to dump a glass of diluted firewhiskey over him. As he looked her in the eye, Jeremy could see that even Ebony knew blaming this all on him was pathetic.

A look of shock crossed Ebony’s face, and her breathing quickened when Jeremy took hold of her hand. Jeremy watched Ebony. “Get your hand off me”, she demanded. Jeremy left his hand where it was. Finally, Ebony released the glass, and Jeremy loosened his grip, allowing Ebony to pull her hand free. She seemed to contemplate Jeremy’s offer of waiting until her mother had left, and after a moment, gave him a dirty look. “Looking forward to it”, she said, then sat up straight, looking at the teacher’s table.

Jeremy followed her gaze to find the Headmistress staring straight at them, looking from one to the other, before returning to her conversation with the professor. Jeremy smirked. “I’m looking forward to it, too”, he said, a slight mocking tone in his voice. With his eyes still fixed on the Headmistress, Jeremy leaned closer to Ebony, making sure to hold his breath as he did so. “Though, may I request you use strong firewhiskey? Diluted firewhiskey does nothing to me”, he said, his voice almost a whisper.

Smirk widened, Jeremy feigned a look of innocence, and leaned away from Ebony, looking around the Main Hall.
Jeremy Halpsen
Jeremy Halpsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:46 am

“I’m looking forward to it, too” Ebony swallowed, she felt the mocking in his voice. Jeremy leaned towards her, she remained still “Though, may I request you use strong firewhiskey? Diluted firewhiskey does nothing to me”. Ebony was shocked, no less. As he whispered in her ear, he moved away, Ebony trying to keep calm. She shifted over a bit, turning to face him, Jeremy was smirking at her, he looked away from her, around the room. This was war. A well put scowl grazed her face, before Ebony managed to keep it under wraps, trying to hide it as best she could. Although, the slight downturn on her lips, her eyes flaring as she stared straight ahead, it was clear she was mad.

Dinner was over, dessert was on its way, just as the headmistress stood up. Ebony decided to ignore Jeremy for now, the headmistress was calling for them all to be silent. "I would like to announce" The headmistress paused, it was coming! Ebony grew excited, everyone would love her new idea. "There is going to be a new tradition at Braedan Institute" She stated, Ebony stared at her mother. Her full attention, she had to remain focused! "There is going to be a 'Welcome back to Braedan ball'" The headmistress finished, an immediate chatter setting in. Ebony grinned, "Now, now. I'm not quite finished!" Her mother frowned, she understood the excitement of being back, but they needed to know all the details.

"It will be held this Friday evening, in the Main Hall. Anyone with any questions, please owl myself, or speak to my daughter Ebony. It was after all, her idea" Ebony was pleased, her mother had even credited her with the idea. Even though, the volume of her voice dropped a bit at the end, she had still said it was her own idea. Now, Ebony didn't know who was going to invite as her date, of course, she wouldn't just ask anyone. Why should she? With a flick of her hand her hair flew behind her shoulder, she scanned her eyes across the Hall, realising that Jeremy still hadn't left.

The ball would be a great event, any pureblood knew how to dress, act and talk at any such occasion, girls in beautiful dresses and the men in dressrobes. Ebony was looking forward to buying something new, she hadn't wanted to buy anything until everyone else knew. Ebony glanced to the side of her and rolled her eyes, "Why are you still here?" She quickly turned back to face him, sharply staring at him, as she asked him a clear question. Jeremy could've gone back to his table a while ago, yet he was still here, irritating her to no end.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chase Wilson Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:03 am

Chase had grinned at Ebony a while back, and wandered off to whisper plans in this third years ear, telling him exactly when and who to aim for first. He finally spun around to see that Ebony was being harrassed by some... person, and turned back to the third year and wrinkled his nose, pouting slightly. All the plates had disappeared and so had anything throwable that was harmless enough and could start riots.

Making his way back to Ebony, glaring at the harrasser, Chase only smiled a little at the announcement of the 'back to Braedan ball', thinking to himself about how great it was Ebony had managed to manipulate her mother into doing such a thing. It would be fun, especially spiking the punch with some muggle alcoholic drink (which, ok, he didn't like muggles, but sometimes they had better ideas), and making lots of new friends.

"Are you going to leave her then? Because it's quite clear you aren't a Dovenbell, and this is the Dovenbell table in case you haven't noticed."

Chase glared at him, and smiled lightly at Ebony. If looks could kill, then right about then, because of this glare, there would have been a massacre. Or maybe that was because Chase knew Ebony well enough to know that she could and would kill things.
Chase Wilson
Chase Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Halpsen Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:49 pm

Jeremy glanced back at Ebony once, noting the slight downturn on her lips. She was annoyed. Angry and annoyed. With him, no less. It didn’t bother him, in fact, he found it rather entertaining. But on the other hand, he did feel slightly bad that he’d ruined her welcome back feast. She was staring straight ahead, and her gaze was fixed on the headmistress. Jeremy followed suit, and turned his gaze to the headmistress. She was calling for them all to be silent.

“I would like to announce”, she started, “There is going to be a new tradition at Braedan Institute.” Jeremy turned his gaze back to Ebony, who’s eyes were full of excitement. A new tradition? Oh boy. What were they going to do now? Sacrifice a virgin every year at the Welcome Back Feast? Jeremy couldn’t understand why Ebony would be so excited about sacrificing a virgin, but to each their own. He turned back to the Headmistress, who was about to reveal the new tradition.

“There is going to be a ‘Welcome back to Braedan ball’”. The Main Hall erupted into a flurry of excitement. All of the girls were whispering to each other about who they were going to ask to go with them, all of the boys were looking around for the girls that they wanted to ask. Jeremy tried not to show his disappointment. He would’ve preferred sacrificing a virgin every year. The Headmistress was frowning. She was quite obviously not finished.

“It will be held this Friday evening, in the Main Hall.”

Jeremy glanced over at Ebony once more, before completely fixing his gaze on the Headmistress. This would be another school event that he would miss. He didn’t enjoy large social gatherings, especially when those large social gatherings included mass amounts of touching. How would Jeremy explain wearing gloves with a suit? The Headmistresses announcement seemed to be over, as she was sitting again.

Jeremy could feel eyes on him. “Why are you still here?” Ebony asked. Jeremy turned to face her, not at all surprised by the sharp look in her eyes.

“Because”, Jeremy started, looking Ebony right in the eye. “You have not yet asked me to leave.”

He didn’t have the chance to say anything else. The boy who had been sitting across from Ebony was back, and was glaring at him. Jeremy turned to the boy, no emotion showing on his face. He did enjoy the fact that the boy seemed to think his glare was anything special.

“Are you going to leave her then? Because it’s quite clear you aren’t a Dovenbell, and this is the Dovenbell table, in case you haven’t noticed.”

Jeremy feigned a look of shock, looking from the boy to Ebony. “This is the Dovenbell table? No wonder why I didn’t recognize anyone here!” he said. It was his turn to roll his eyes. “No, I am not going to leave. Partly because by the time I make it back to my table, all the dessert will be gone. We Halpsen’s are greedy creatures. But mostly because the point of school is to make friends, and we’re all aiming for the same thing, here. And completely because Ebony has not yet asked me to leave, therefore, she must want me to stay.”

The dessert had arrived. Jeremy put a few things onto a plate, before standing up. “Since I have my dessert now, I’ll leave”, he said. He hesitated a moment, before leaning down closer to Ebony, his mouth close to her ear. “I look forward to seeing you again, Ms. Braedan”, he said, smirking. “Especially because there’ll be firewhiskey involved.”

He stood up straight, and turned his gaze to the boy. Raising an eyebrow, Jeremy nodded towards the boy, and left the Dovenbell table. He made it back to the Halpsen table without anybody realizing he’d been gone.
Jeremy Halpsen
Jeremy Halpsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Medea Elyzebeth Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Medea sat with her ankles daintily crossed beneath the table, listening carefully to the conversations around her as she enjoyed her first meal of the year at Braedan. It wasn't a spectacular example of fine cuisine, but it certainly wasn't horrible either. She was missing Grandmother Lachance's cooking, but the table conversation was a fine trade off. The mere words being shot back and forth between Dovenbells wasn't the only interesting part of it. In fact, it wasn't even the most interesting part. Medea was catching glimpses of emotions, most of them having been bottled up for the entire summer vacation, that were making her eyes sparkle. Ah, there was nothing quite like the steely nervousness of first years or the frothing anger of lovers who had split up over break.

She was currently slicing bits from a thick piece of blood-red steak (her mother liked to say that Medea liked to keep her steak as rare as she was). She had reached for it at the same time as Chase had reached for his own and she had felt the sharp electric spark that so often flew between them when they happened to touch. She could only assume that he felt something similar. That, or she wasn't doing her job as a Dovenbell correctly. He had elicited a lovely stroke of embarrassment from one of her fellow sixth years, and that had started her current state of bemused silence as she enjoyed the emotions of her fellow students.

Her attention was focused on the sudden tension between Chase and that Halpsen fellow. She turned her head slightly and allowed her eyes to switch slowly between the two faces. She had met Jeremy Halpsen on a few occasions, but he had never made much of an impression on her. Besides, most Halpsens were heavy handed oafs, so she doubted that she was missing very much. Her bright eyes fixed on Jeremy as he made a burlesque little show of his departure, though her face remained neutrally bemused. She waited until he had whisked himself away, then turned to smile darkly at Ebony, bringing up a hand in which to rest her chin. "Oh Ebony, you do have the most interesting friends." she said with a touch of saccharine. She didn't have any quarrels with Ebony, and she didn't intend to start one. This was merely a way to see how she would react. Would she defend the boy or damn him?
Medea Elyzebeth
Medea Elyzebeth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:35 am

Ebony could have laughed, he wasn't interested in their conversation but wouldn't leave until she said so. She was grateful for Chase telling him to leave, Ebony rolled her eyes at his sarcasm. Trying not to laugh, the point of 'school' wasn't to make friends, it was to learn. Clearly he didn't spend alot of his time doing that. ' she must want me to stay.' Ebony couldn't work out how he had come to that logic, she watched him pick up a few desserts from around the table, she had thought he was about to walk away.

Instead, he leaned down, “I look forward to seeing you again, Ms. Braedan. Especially because there’ll be firewhiskey involved.”. Ebony couldn't help the smirk finding its way onto her face, quickly trying to hide it. She wouldn't dignify that with any sort of response, he would just return to his table and leave her well alone.

Her mouth opening and shut like a gold fish, he stole their pudding. He was right, Halpsens were greedy. Jeremy walked away, joining his own table, in truth, it was a little entertaining. However, the amount he got under her skin actually made the entertainment part pretty unimportant. Ebony noticed Medea join the conversation, "Oh Ebony, you do have the most interesting friends." Ebony smiled sweetly at her, "He's no friend of mine" Ebony responded, picking up a slice of cake. she delicately placed it on her place, replacing the serving spoon. Medea would just have to say that, it was absolute perfect timing, picking up her fork, she cut off a piece of her cake and popped it in her mouth.

The ball would hopefully distract her from him, he wasn't anything worth even thinking about, but that stupid smile wouldn't leave her head. Ebony turned her head, looking behind her to the Halpsen table, she spotted him. Quickly turning back around, she looked towards Medea "I'm looking forward to the ball, do you know what you'll wear?" Ebony politely asked. Make conversation, it was the least she could do after him.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Medea Elyzebeth Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:23 pm

The darkness of Medea's smile faded and her eyes twinkled pleasantly at Ebony's response. Medea didn't play the silly school game of trying to guess peoples reactions, no. She either knew or found some way to find out. Guessing, though she would almost surely be right every time, would only lead to self doubt, and would more than likely screw around with the way her particular little gift worked. As it was, then, she hadn't assumed Ebony would react either way to her words. She had left it as a surprise to herself; one of those tickling little surprises that seemed to litter her days at school. The surprises of human emotions and how differently they could be interpreted.

She had given Ebony a situation in which she could define her 'relationship' with the Halpsen boy simply, and probably without fully knowing she was doing so. And Ebony certainly hadn't disappointed. No blabbering on about him either way. No defending his minuscule virtues or tearing him apart by his faults. Ebony was a very close person and though Medea did very little to show it, she usually came away impressed from conversations with Ebony. Though it was sometimes difficult to have conversations with a girl who would be perfectly content to stay infuriatingly introverted for the rest of her life. Yes, Medea respected Ebony's ability to keep most of herself inside, but it also frustrated her.

Medea thought there was something more to Ebony's feelings towards that Halpsen boy, but she couldn't even begin to fathom them. Instead of contemplating the deep dark workings of her seventh year friend's mind, she served herself some of the thick, dark chocolate mousse that was in front and to the left of her. "It is a special occasion," she mused, wondering how much of a hand Ebony had in its implementation. Probably more than a lot. "I doubt I brought anything that quite suits such an event. We will have to go find some delicious, preferably non-dress code ensembles, won't we? After all, it is our job as Dovenbells to drive all of the young men crazy." She took a bite of her mousse, her smile touched with a hint of boredom. This was just show, though. There were few things Medea loved more than turning heads with a flash of her skirt.
Medea Elyzebeth
Medea Elyzebeth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chase Wilson Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:20 pm

Chase shook his head at the beginnings of a conversation that he could never become involved in. After all, unless he decided to take a totally new and novel tact, he was never going to be found in a dress. He did, however, lean closer, towards the pair, biting into the edges of a small, crumbling shortcake biscuit.

"Gosh, you two, blathering on about dresses already. Ridiculous really, when you consider the fact that you have until Friday."

Chase took another bite of his biscuit before looking at the things Medea and Ebony had on their plates. His eyes switched between the two before he decided on something different entirely, a trifle that happened to be sitting right in front of him. He loaded it onto the silver serving spoon provided, and let it drop onto the bottom of his bowl, the cream splattering slightly, and the custard merging with both the cream and the flavoured jelly.

"I mean, it's very simple isn't it? Just put on the first thing that suits the occasion that you find."

Grinning at the pair with a spoonful of trifle halfway to his mouth, Chase shook the hair out of his eyes, and winked at another girl who was staring a little too hard, this time over at another table.
Chase Wilson
Chase Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Ebony smiled, of course it was a special occasion! After all, it is our job as Dovenbells to drive all of the young men crazy." She laughed, "I wouldn't call a job, as more of.. our natural calling?" Ebony smiled, it would most definitely be fun, "Of course, the spotlight shall be on us" She was looking forward to the ball, it would be filled with plenty of gossip for the next day, and there was always drama at these events. It was terribly exciting, Ebony was sad to say, she couldn't remember the last time they had had a ball at Braedan Institute.

Chase decided to butt in however, munching on his biscuit, spreading crumbs around his area of the table, the little pieces bouncing across towards her. "Friday! That's.. like. HARDLY ANY TIME!" Ebony frowned, rolling her eyes. Usually she got her dresses a couple of weeks in advance, this was pushing it. "Seriously. No joke" She shook her head, considering the amount of girls Chase had surrounding him sometimes, he should have learnt by now that a weeks time to get ready, was really no time at all. Ebony watched Chase distastefully, as he devoured his biscuit and moved on to some trifle, delightful.

She scowled at his next question, "You must be joking. I don't have anything for this occasion. Even if I did!" Ebony shuddered, "I wouldn't wear it again! Until, at least a few months later. Or just.. never" Ebony never did like wearing the same dress twice, it was boring the second time around. It was fun buying another dress, for a completely different look, it was rare that she did ever wear a dress again, unless her mother made her, for some odd reason.

Ebony sighed, listening to the other conversations going on around her. They consisted of either, the upcoming ball, catching up from the holidays and anything that had happened on the way over to Braedan Institute. Fun.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chase Wilson Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:38 pm

Chase shook his head when Ebony rolled her eyes.

"Seriously! It's like..."

Pausing to count on his fingers with a mischievious glint in his eyes, Chase muttered the days under his breath. He stopped at Friday- today was Monday.

"Four days! It doesn't take you four days to get all dolled up! Four hours maybe, but not four days!"

Chase laughed, pushing trifle around in his bowl with his spoon, before rolling his eyes at Ebony's expansive collection of dresses that she must own by now. After all, when the parents had gone away for a weekend, he'd often thrown plenty of parties that she'd turned up to. Plenty of parties and plenty of dresses.

"But that's the same as me saying everytime I dress in muggle clothes I have to wear something different! Because, let's be honest, I do that as much as you go to these events."

The main thing about this was that he was trying to point out the same outfit never got boring. He brandished a spoon at Ebony, pointing it, with a smirk on his face, before he dipped it into his bowl to take another bite of trifle.
Chase Wilson
Chase Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  Medea Elyzebeth Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:15 am

Medea's tongue took care of the traces of chocolate mousse still lingering on her teeth before she smiled at Ebony. "A calling, yes. That sounds about right. Spot on Ebony. And if the spotlight isn't on us, then whoever is manning it surely isn't paying enough attention." She took another bite, then choked on it at Chase's words. Luckily mousse isn't a very dangerous food, so Medea merely had to swallow hard to get it to behave. "Really Chase, after all of those skirts you chase I would think you would know a bit more about the way things work."

She put her hands on the table then spread them apart from each other. "You see, it's very complicated being a beautiful woman like Ebony or me." she smiled in Ebony's direction before continuing, "Eyes are drawn to us and we must give those eyes something worth looking at. Something that they haven't seen before. The dresses we choose must prove that we have good taste, good bodies, and good pocketbooks. So no. We can't just get dolled up in four days. Not easily anyway." She shook her head and rolled her eyes slightly, exasperated at the silly things boys sometimes asked. They would condemn you for taking so long to look beautiful or condemn you if you weren't up to their standards. "It's not something you can rush. We aren't dressing up for muggles. We're dressing up for our peers. To show them how much better we are. Isn't that right Ebony?"
Medea Elyzebeth
Medea Elyzebeth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:32 pm

Ebony smiled, she loved the way Medea had just phrased it. "Or, perhaps they are just being selfish!?" She laughed, as Medea choked, and relaxed, rolling her eyes, four days wasn't alot of time as Chase set an example against muggle clothes, Ebony gagged. "You can't be serious! Muggle clothes! Keep your voice down!" Her voice slightly lower than before, "Chase seriously? That's disgusting"

Muggle clothes, that was the most vile thing she had ever heard. She rolled her eyes as he pointed his spoon at her, smirking as Medea scolded Chase for his lack of knowledge on girls. Ebony nodded at Medeas next words, anything starting with "You see, it's very complicated being a beautiful woman like Ebony or me.", was worth listening to.

"Eyes are drawn to us and we must give those eyes something worth looking at. Something that they haven't seen before. The dresses we choose must prove that we have good taste, good bodies, and good pocketbooks. So no. We can't just get dolled up in four days. Not easily anyway."

Ebony understood, of course that's what every female Dovenbell knew. It was expected. "Exactly, Medea!" She smiled, she'd gotten it right. "We have to be as prepared as possible, you can shove on anything and anyone will go for you if they're desperate" It had come out harsher than intended, but it was true, Chase pretty much looked good all the time. Anyone would go for him whether he was dressed in dirty muggle clothing or not, with girls, there were different rules.

"It's not something you can rush. We aren't dressing up for muggles. We're dressing up for our peers. To show them how much better we are. Isn't that right Ebony?"

Ebony laughed, "We'll be the one's on the dancefloor everyone is staring at, of course" Medea was completely right, she had outdone herself on that one. They didn't have long, luckily they would be able to go into town on Wednesday, it would be manic but worth it. Ebony was looking forward to running around the place finding a dress, there was nothing more exciting.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down