Braedan Institute of Education
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cbox
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

living just isn't hard enough. [ebony - open]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

living just isn't hard enough. [ebony - open] - Page 2 Empty Re: living just isn't hard enough. [ebony - open]

Post  Ebony Braedan Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:42 am

He was right, looks could be deceiving. However, from what they had been talking about, it wasn't exactly like she was a complete stranger. Even though, truthfully, Ebony didn't know alot about him. Only his past, and he knew alot about her. So, what else was he hiding? Ebony tilted her head to the side, forget.. everything. As if that would happen, "What planet are you living on!? I'm not stupid!" She rolled her eyes, clearly he had said something he shouldn't, but Ebony still couldn't work it out. What on Earth did he mean!? "You know. I'll find out eventually. Someone around here must know you're little secret" Ebonys eyes narrowed on him, after everything she had said, he didn't trust her with one thing.

He was frowning at her, as he asked a strange question. Ebony acted? That was a laugh. She smiled, if he didn't answer hers, she wasn't going to answer his. Two could play at that game. Ebony turned her head away, folding her arms, "I'm not answering yours if you don't answer mine" She said childishly. It was a very good question, that Ebony would have difficulty answering, this would buy her some time anyway, even if he decided not to answer.

“Why do you act like you’re the best thing since the wand was invented in front of your friends? Ebony rolled her eyes, the answer to that was easy. "I am the best thing since wands were invented!" No one could say different without a hex along the way. Ebony frowned, licking her lips, drawing herself in "I wouldn't say I'm exactly normal" She smirked, but she wouldn't answer the acting question. Not without something in return.

Why did she act. Simple. It was what people expected. Why give them anything different to be disappointed at. This meant that she could go on her mery way without people criticising the way she really was, plus. It always made things interesting. The problem was, Jeremy was the only one that had heard her real thoughts on every single question she had answered, Ebony didn't know if she had trusted him too much.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

living just isn't hard enough. [ebony - open] - Page 2 Empty Re: living just isn't hard enough. [ebony - open]

Post  Jeremy Halpsen Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:06 am

“What planet are you living on!? I’m not stupid!” she rolled her eyes at him. “You know. I’ll find out eventually. Someone around here must know your little secret.”

That made Jeremy frown. “I certainly hope nobody does”, he said. A smirk flickered across his face. He knew that the longer he put off telling her, the more she’d get annoyed. But apparently, two could play at Jeremy’s game. “I’m not answering yours if you don’t answer mine”, Ebony said, her voice taking on a slightly childish tone. Jeremy sighed, folding his arms across his chest. He really didn’t want to tell her. He felt as if he was just making progress with her. And besides, they’d only known each other a day.

“I am the best thing since wands were invented! I wouldn’t say I’m exactly normal.” Ebony smirked at him.

Jeremy shrugged. “Well that was a given”, he said. Unfolding his arms, he took a few steps towards Ebony until they were merely inches apart. Her scent was almost unbearable, and he didn’t know how, but somehow he was able to stand there without holding his breath, as he usually did when he was this close to her. “I’ll make you a promise”, he started, hesitating a moment, “Get to know me a little better, and I promise I’ll tell you my ‘little secret’.”

Hopefully that would sustain her for now. He wasn’t going to tell her today, but he was going to tell her. She was still getting what she wanted. Just not right now.
Jeremy Halpsen
Jeremy Halpsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:41 am

“I certainly hope nobody does”

Ebony raised an eyebrow, so it was something that no one should know, what a shame. She had to laugh at his reply, he knew she was, that was very satisfying. Jeremy took a couple of steps towards her, he was so close, Ebony began studying his face. He was freakishly pale, with perfect green eyes, she smiled. He was too gorgeous. What was he going to promise her? Ebony rolled her eyes, he was negotiating with her. That was something people rarely did, "I suppose I can deal with that" she whispered.

Ebony took a step closer, following the line across his jaw, a smirk upon her face. It was difficult to ignore him when he was that close to her, such a distraction. Ebony reached for his hand, wrapping her hand around his. She frowned. How cold was he? "Have you just jumped out of an ice bath or something?!" Ebony looked down at his hand, moving his hand up so she could look at it. "Are you ok?"

Ebony poked it, the icy temperature making her skin tingle. "You're weird" She studied his hand, turning it over, trying to ignore the cold burn on her hand. "You look perfectly normal" Ebony dropped his hand, craning her head to look up at him, it was irritating having him so much taller than her. Was he like that all over? Ebony lifted her her hand, gently touching his jaw, and recoiling. Her hands were too cold, she held them together, trying to warm them up. What was wrong with him?!
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Halpsen Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:55 am

“I suppose I can deal with that”, she whispered, and Jeremy smirked. It was entertaining for him to know that he had this affect on her, even only after one day of knowing each other. She was proving to him that the act she’d put on last night at dinner in front of her friends was exactly that – an act. She took a step closer to him, her eyes following his jaw line. Jeremy was pleased to find that he no longer had to hold his breath when she was near – her scent was pleasant to breathe in, and he did just that.

Closing his eyes, Jeremy took a deep breath. It was often a burden to have an increased sense of smell, but at this moment, Jeremy was happy with his vampiric senses. He felt warmth against his cold skin, and his eyes shot open to find Ebony holding his hand. A frown had appeared on her face. “Have you just jumped out of an ice bath or something?!” She looked down at his hand, and moved it up so she could look at it. “Are you okay?” She poked at his skin.

“You’re weird”, she informed him, studying his hand. “You look perfectly normal.” He felt his hand get dropped, and felt warmth against his face. Ebony recoiled, and Jeremy’s eyes snapped shut. Ebony was smart, but hopefully she wasn’t smart enough to figure out what he was just yet. He was hoping she’d forget about it, but he knew better than that.

Jeremy slowly opened his eyes, his right hand stiff by his side, clenched into a fist. Slowly, he raised his left hand, and brushed it gently across Ebony’s cheek. The warmth of her face felt nice against his skin. “I have bad circulation”, Jeremy explained, smiling gently down at her. “It makes my skin all cold and clammy. Usually I wear gloves, but I didn’t feel the need for them today.” ‘Because I wasn’t expecting to run into you…’ Jeremy thought bitterly.
Jeremy Halpsen
Jeremy Halpsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:16 am

Her mouth made a small 'o' as he explained about his body temperature, must be terrible circulation. "You must be freezing then?" It came out as more of a question, for all she knew he could be fine but it didn't feel that way. Ebony didn't realise Jeremy had shut his eyes until she noticed him suddenly open them when she touched his hand, he smiled at her, copying her movements. His hand brushed along her cheek, she reached up towards him.

Quickly pressing her lips to his cheek, a small peck, Ebony supposed he'd probably freak out if she did anything more. He didn't seem the type to go for something he wanted, Ebony had no idea why she was so entranced by his prescence. He was captivating, just looking at him you didn't need to touch him to tell he was special. Even then, it was weird being so open to someone you just met.

She didn't quite know what to make of it all. "If you could change anything. Anything in the world.. what would you change?" Ebony asked, studying his expression. She didn't easily forget what happened in her life, Jeremy had come for a negotiation, and so he probably expected her to deliver.

Ebony wasn't too keen on the idea, it was an all too personal question. A little too close to home.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Halpsen Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:30 am

“You must be freezing then?”

Jeremy could only nod. His hands were once again firmly at his sides, both of them now clenched into fists. He was hoping to avoid any other conversation that could possibly lead to him telling her that he was a vampire. He felt her hand on his cheek once again, and he looked down at her. She pressed her lips to his cheek, a small peck, and all too soon, it was over. Jeremy didn’t realise it, but he sighed when she pulled away. He locked his eyes on hers, a gentle smile working its way onto his face. It was all he could do to stop himself from taking her right then and there.

He could see the look in her eyes – she thought he was one of those people who didn’t go for something they wanted. That wasn’t true. Jeremy always went after what he wanted, but it was different this time. He was afraid of hurting her, afraid of scaring her. He didn’t want her to look at him the same way his mother did – eyes filled with resentment at what he was. He didn’t want her to be like his mother, the way she made any excuse not to be in the same room as him, the way she believed that the less time she spent with him, the happier he’d be. For now, Ebony was entranced by him, fascinated by why she’d never heard of him before now. She was being open with him, honest with him. And he was trying to be the same with her.

“If you could change anything. Anything in the world… what would you change?”

Jeremy froze. Not that question. Anything but that. He knew what his answer was, but what he didn’t know was how he would phrase it. Every possible solution that came to his mind would make Ebony ask more questions. “January seventh, twenty-one ninety-three”, Jeremy replied softly. He hoped that Ebony hadn’t heard him, but knew his chances were very slim. “What about you?”
Jeremy Halpsen
Jeremy Halpsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony Braedan Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:03 am

Ebony noticed the sigh as she stepped away, his firm nod to her question and he smiled, showing his pearly whites. She smiled back at him, as he answered he question. Straining to hear him, Ebony just heard 'January' softly spoken, it was enough for her. She stopped in thought, what would she change? Ebony shrugged, "The 8th of September, twenty-one, eighty-six" He would probably work it out, it wasn't difficult. After everything they had spoken about, that was what she wished she could change, Ebony knew it was a little strange, but the situation had her against a stone wall.

Ebony sighed, "You probably want to hear my explanation then?" She asked, referring to their negotiation plan, "It's what keeps me... protected. Being like" Ebony gestured to herself, just as Jeremy had done earlier "Isn't exactly Braedan student material" She shook her head, "I would have people walking all over me. At least, that gives me a chance to make people know I'm the one they have to look up to" Ebony frowned, she had no idea if that maked sense. "I wouldn't want to disappoint all of the pureblood families out there. I do have an image to uphold" She rolled her eyes, this was dangerous land they were treading on. Really, it did keep her safe, her reputation as the Headmistress' daughter, Ebony was untouchable.

Now that she thought about it, they had been gone for over an hour, someone must be looking for her. "We'd best get back. Chase is probably looking for me" Ebony turned around, "Where? Exactly did we come from?" For all she knew, Jeremy had been leading her around in circles, now she had no idea which direction she was going in.

"Do you know which direction we came from?" Ebony frowned, spinning around on the spot, trying to work out where they were supposed to go.
Ebony Braedan
Ebony Braedan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Halpsen Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:14 am

“The 8th of September, twenty-one, eighty-six.”

Jeremy nodded slightly in understanding, shocked that she’d actually answered. He was even more shocked, however, when she delved into a deeper explanation. Jeremy nodded at all the right moments, watching Ebony’s body language closely. Something told him she wasn’t happy with her current situation, but he didn’t feel they were close enough yet to talk about that.

“We’d best get back. Chase is probably looking for me.”

Ebony turned around just as Jeremy’s eyes narrowed into slits. He didn’t like this ‘Chase’ person, though he had no real reason to dislike him. Their encounter last night hadn’t been pleasant, but it was no reason to automatically dislike the boy. “Where exactly did we come from?” Ebony asked, “Do you know which direction we came from?” She was frowning, and spinning around on the spot.

An amused smile came to Jeremy’s face, and he walked over to Ebony. Once again, he placed his hand gently on her back, and applied a small amount of pressure as he led her back in the direction they had come. “I didn’t even hear the bell go”, Jeremy commented quietly as they walked.
Jeremy Halpsen
Jeremy Halpsen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2